Forwarding this from the toolserver list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Silke Meyer <silke.me...@wikimedia.de>
Date: 8 February 2013 11:57
Subject: Re: [Toolserver-l] Adding more roots
To: toolserve...@lists.wikimedia.org

Hi!

After consultation with WMF, I would like to correct what I wrote the
other day about toolserver admins.
According to Erik Möller, WMF needs all toolserver admins to

> * be identified with their real name;
> * have been individually vetted by WMF operations;
> * have signed a non-disclosure-agreement with the chapter.

Whether someone is actually paid by a chapter is not crucial.
Sorry for the confusion!
Cheers, Silke

On 5 February 2013 19:25, Tim Landscheidt <t...@tim-landscheidt.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> WMDE's Silke wrote at
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.toolserver/5674
> regarding the promotion of additional toolserver roots:
>
> | DaB is right: WMF as the database owner accepts only paid roots.
> | [...]
>
> Is that statement correct, and what is WMF's rationale for
> it?
>
> Tim

Nicole Ebber
Internationales

Tel. +49 30 219158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das