Andy - have you thought about putting a project page on Wikipedia and not
just hosting it on your blog ?

It might bring more traffic.

I saw your Tweet about doing this, I just..well..haven't sat down and done
it yet. And I hate my recorded voice. O_o

-Sarah

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>wrote:

> I'd like to ask your support the project I started:
>
>    <
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/open-licensed-format-recordings-voices-wikipedia-wikimedia-commons/
> >

> asking the subjects of Wikipedia articles to record a 10-second sample
> of their speaking voice, for use on those articles.
>
> An example script is "Hello, my name is [name]. I was born in [place]
> and I have been [job or position] since [year]".
>
> So far, the participants:
>
>    <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Voice_intro_project>
>
> include Sue Black, Cory Doctorow, Bill Thompson and Dave Winer; and
> we've just had our first recording in French - but we need many more.
>
> Do you know anyone who has an article about them? Do you know of tools
> that would simplify the process of making ogg files, open licensing
> them, and uploading them to Commons? How can we include more speakers
> of other languages?
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

*Sarah Stierch*
*Museumist, open culture advocate, and Wikimedia*
*www.sarahstierch.com*