Hoi,
This does not negate the relevance of maintaining information about the
languages and the cultures reflected by them.

A new project has to be relevant for its own reasons. It has to be relevant
to the people who will care for it.
Thanks,
      GerardM


On 18 February 2013 23:35, Thomas Dalton <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2013 10:27 PM, "Kevin Behrens" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Language is identity! Would you like to tell those People that it is not
> bad when they lose their language. As I mentioned, I am a member of a
> linguistic minority, too, and I would feel like my human rights where taken
> if someone tells me I should learn another language because mine is not so
> much worth. Language is culture and is human right, everybody has the right
> for his language.
>
> What people are you talking about? While there have been cases of languages
> being forcefully suppressed, generally speaking they die because no-one
> wants to speak them any more (because they aren't useful for communicating
> any more, which is the primary purpose of a language). Whether or not you
> speak a language is entirely up to you. Whose rights are being violated
> when it's just a matter of individual choice?
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to