Hi Christoph,

thanks for your comment. I am absolutely aware of the fact that there
have been various efforts in the past to get things done, or even:
slightly better. But in my view, it's always a matter of the burden of
suffering if you get active or not. The EU-legislation on musical
recordings and orphan works in the last year were quite frustrating
and the current consultation process on copyright reform obviously is
not aimed to solve ANY of our problems (f.i. the re-use of
governmental data & works). Without anticipating our discussion, I
would rather suggest a "hybrid" model between chapter employees and
volunteers. And if some budget for paid work in Brussels is needed, it
should definitely not be the limiting factor.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best, Jan

2013/2/20 Christophe Henner <christophe.hen...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, just for the sake of "history" in 2007 or 2008 we tried to do
> that, we had a meeting in Brussel (in a really nice hostel) and we set
> up a working group... but we didn't do a thing in the end.
>
> So even though I believe it could be a good idea, I'm still not sure
> volunteers are able to handle such a heavy workload. But I'm happy to
> share/talk about it nonetheless :)
>

> Christophe
>
> --
> Christophe
>

> On 20 February 2013 09:37, Mathieu Stumpf <psychosl...@culture-libre.org>
> wrote:
>> Le 2013-02-19 18:06, Jan Engelmann a écrit :
>>
>>> Let’s get started and talk about this challenge! Your input and ideas
>>> on the aforementioned Meta page are highly appreciated. To discuss the
>>> working methods of an EU Policy Group and develop a project plan
>>> together, we suggest to meet face-to-face in Brussels for one day and
>>> a half. Wikimedia Deutschland would be happy to organize this
>>> kick-off-gathering in March/April. We’d like to ask interested
>>> Wikimedians to join us there. Please use the doodle below to identify
>>> the most suitable date:
>>

>> Very interesting project I think, so I would be really happy to come. Should
>> each participant find where to sleep by its own means, or do we organize
>> that together ?
>>

>>> http://doodle.com/ntiz6gup7z49e7p5
>>>
>>> (Please choose either a friday/saturday or saturday/sunday option.)
>>

>> Please consider using services based on free software, wikimedia could even
>> provide an instance of such a service. I think this would be more consistent
>> with our free culture goal. Here are working solutions you can use :
>> - http://framadate.org/
>> - http://studs.u-strasbg.fr/infos_sondage.php
>>
>> (sorry only french interfaces seems available on those, but hey it's free
>> software, anyone is welcome to make a bug report/patch ;)
>>
>> --
>> Association Culture-Libre
>> http://www.culture-libre.org/

Jan Engelmann
Leiter Politik & Gesellschaft
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Obentrautstr. 72
10963 Berlin

Telefon 030 - 219 158 26-0
www.wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

**** Helfen Sie mit, dass WIKIPEDIA von der UNESCO als erstes
digitales Weltkulturerbe anerkannt wird. Unterzeichnen Sie die
Online-Petition! http://wikipedia.de ****