On 24 February 2013 17:14, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Democratizing_the_Wikimedia_Foundation#Result_of_the_Board.27s_discussion_about_term_limits

I am pleased to see that the WMF notes that term limits "are
recommended by Compass Partnership for WMUK's Board" and has taken
this into account, even though the conclusion is that the WMF board
prefers to not be bound by "a hard rule".

The UK Chapter appreciated this recommendation from Compass which
re-enforced the board's past discussions in this area, and personally
I would hope to see this pass as a change to process in our next
general meeting or as advised by our Governance Committee. I would
recommend this improvement to every maturing Chapter, the WMF board,
and every other long term management board, as our collective
demonstration that we are fully committed to adopting charity best
practice in our governance processes.

Thanks,
Fae
--