On 23 March 2013 21:21, Tomasz W. Kozłowski <odder.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 March 2013 02:19, Risker wrote:
>
> > James, can you please explain why you have decided this is a
> Wikimedia-wide
> > issue (and thus posted to this list), while not bothering to notify the
> > Committee whose decision you are questioning that you are doing so?
>
> Since when does discussing the Arbitration Committee at a mailing list
> require their permission? I think I might have missed something…

It does not require permission.  However, the English Wikipedia community
has a longstanding process for appealing decisions of the Arbitration
Committee. It would also be common courtesy to do so.  As it is, James has
made a very good show of trying to insinuate that Will Beback was banned in
relation to conflict of interest.  He was not banned for that reason; he
was banned for persistent violations of the No Personal Attacks policy, the
outing and harassment policies and for exhibiting battleground behaviour.
[1]

I cannot speak to what comparable policies exist on other projects.

Risker

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/TimidGuy_ban_appeal#Findings_of_fact