On 9 April 2013 12:22, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Without going into unneccessary detail, let me just ask a simple
>> question: are there any particular reasons why the WMF does not want
>> community input on the budget, and drafts such a vital document in
>> total privacy?
>
> For the sake of precision, that slide says that there is no space for input
> by the board either. "Revisions are made" only after Stu's comments, then
> the board votes no or yes (in 15 days only out of 5 months of work).

Doesn't the community consultation *follow* this?

The WMF works out a budget internally, and the Board vote to approve
it by the end of June. It is released on 1 July, but isn't yet final;
it promptly goes into...

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Timeline

and presumably will have a community consultation like this one:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:FDC_portal/Proposals/2012-2013_round1/Wikimedia_Foundation/Proposal_form

(Please feel free to correct me if I've got this wrong!)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk