Le 2013-04-25 16:26, Denny Vrandečić a écrit :
Erik,

2013/4/25 Erik Moeller <e...@wikimedia.org>

> The system I am really aiming at is a different one, and there has
> been plenty of related work in this direction: imagine a wiki where you > enter or edit content, sentence by sentence, but the natural language > representation is just a surface syntax for an internal structure. Your > editing interface is a constrained, but natural language. Now, in order
> really make this fly, both the rules for the parsers (interpreting the > input) and the serializer (creating the output) would need to be editable > by the community - in addition to the content itself. There are a number
of
> major challenges involved, but I have by now a fair idea of how to tackle
> most of them (and I don't have the time to detail them right now).

So what would you want to enable with this? Faster bootstrapping of
content? How would it work, and how would this be superior to an
approach like the one taken in the Translate extension (basically,
providing good interfaces for 1:1 translation, tracking differences
between documents, and offering MT and translation memory based
suggestions)? Are there examples of this approach being taken
somewhere else?

Not just bootstrapping the content. By having the primary content be saved in a language independent form, and always translating it on the fly, it would not merely bootstrap content in different languages, but it would mean that editors from different languages would be working on the same content. The texts in the different language is not a translation of each other, but they are all created from the same source. There would be no
primacy of, say, English.

What would be the limits you would expect from your solution, because you can't expect to just "translate" everything. Form may be a part of the meaning. It's clear that you can't translate a poem for example. Sur wikipedia is not primary concerned about poetry, but it does treat the subject.

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/