From: wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Tomasz Ganicz
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:19 PM
To: chapters-cultural-partn...@wikimedia.ch; Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Train Wikiexpedition in Poland

Hi,

We are about to organize a wikiexpedition devoted to train infrastructure in
Poland. It will be officially co-organised with Polish Railways. Polish
Railways will provide us free tickets for traveling across Poland using any
trains and special passes to legally enter and photograph rail tracks,
workshops, rail yards, cargo railway stations, museums belonging to Polish
Railways  etc.  In order to get the pass it will be obligatory to undergo a
special basic one-day railtrack safety training which will be provided for
free by Polish Railways employees. Actually we don't know what time it will
happen - for sure during summer, but it is actually to negotiate. It is
possible to have several 2-4 people teams. The requirements will be
just:
*being devoted wiki-photographer ready to submit photos to Wikimedia Commons
under free licences *being highly crazy about railways stuff - i.e. be ready to
travel across Poland using mainly slow, local trains which stops on every tiny
station, sleep in low cost hostels, feed yourself for 32 PLN a day  :-) *You
don't need to speak Polish - we can try to organize a mixed teams fro both
training and expeditions.

If there is anyone ready for such a wiki-safari - just drop me an E-mail...

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/