On 26 May 2013 16:53, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can agree with the rest but this is interesting:
>
> Steve Zhang, 26/05/2013 08:42:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Now, the removal of adminship of volunteer editors on the WMF wiki (among
>> other changes) happened for a reason, [...]
>>

> really? What reason? I've not yet heard an explanation other than "it's
> our wiki and we do whatever we wish: I'll prove you in a second!".
> I also agree that judging the decision is useless (it's not going to be
> reverted) and that it's not our job (the WMF board should do that, I
> guess), but if you know the reason then please share it because we're all
> clueless about it.
>
> Nemo

Gayle explained her reasons in the email she sent to this list around 3
days ago, like everyone else this is all the information I have. Whether or
not we agree with her reasons is a moot point, as she has noted that her
decision will stand. I don't think this was ever done to make community
members unhappy, and while that turned out to be one of the results, I
think we should let it go. Like many things on Wikimedia, this is a
discussion that has run its natural should be laid to rest, and we should
move on to more productive things.

Steven Zhang
cro0...@gmail.com