On 28 May, 2013, at 9:43 PM, Ted Chien <hsiangtai.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (from what we have discussed on zh.wp, the Chinese
> community has agreed on such blackout, but the date is still on discussion)

For the record, I doubt if there is clear support/strong participation in the
discussion. It is still to early to call it a consensus.

>  If we could implement such blackout, how soon it can be done?

(Speaking as a not-very-tech-savvy person) Depends on what exactly the
community want to do. If we make use of CentralNotice's geo-targeting, it is
very easy to implement a Taiwan-only blackout/site-notice/redirect-to-specific
page etc. This involves no server side configuration change, volunteers will be
able to get this done. The time consuming part is to write the banner and it's
javascript, but that shouldn't take longer than a day of there is people
willing to help.

Regards,

Benjamin Chen / [[User:Bencmq]]