wow..good..congratulations!

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Jane Darnell <jane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats to the Catalan army! I became a fan during the Teylers
> project last year and have noticed since then that they are
> particularly good at GLAM projects. I think part of their success is
> based on their ca-wikipedia though, because European countries without
> a specific language-pedia never seem to get chapter-ish workgroups off
> the ground (I am thinking here of the be and lux of Benelux).
>
> I certainly hope the themed framework will change this!
> Jane
>
> 2013/6/7, Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com>:
> > Agreed with what others have said - this is great news!
> >
> > Many of us know what a longstanding issue this has been - how to
> recognise
> > and support the excellent work of the Catalan community in a way that
> fits
> > within our structures.
> > There have been many years of sometimes controversial debates about the
> > role of Chapters etc. that have revolved around this as a case-in-point.
> > So, I'm pleased to see that we now have a way of formally recogising
> > Amicalthat is supportive of their work but also recognises the
> > different
> > circumstances of their situation.
> >
> > I look forward to seeing how the Thematic Organisations system will grow
> > and also to seeing how we can develop the range of ways that individuals
> > and groups can be recognised without it being a zero-sum-game.
> >
> > All in all, excellent news :-)
> >
> > -Liam
> >
> > wittylama.com
> > Peace, love & metadata
> >

> > On 7 June 2013 13:09, David Cuenca <dacu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Finally! It took us some years but I'm glad that it definitely happened!
> >> :)
> >>
> >> Congratulations to everyone that made it possible, and I hope the great
> >> work done in Catalonia extends to Valencia too :)
> >>
> >> Micru

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Resolutions/Recognition_of_Amical_Wikimedia

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_affiliation_models/Thematic_Organizations

> >> 4266

> >> --
> >> Etiamsi omnes, ego non

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Network Foundation
(OKFN)<http://www.okfn.org>
Auto-confirmed, Reviewer & Roll backer Editor | Bangla
Wikipedia<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Treasurer & Coordinator (PR) | Bangladesh Open Source Network
(BdOSN)<http://www.bdosn.org>
Coordinator (PR) | Society for the Popularization of Science, Bangladesh
(SPSB) <http://www.spsb.org>*
*Central Team MOVers | Bangladesh Mathematical Olympiad Committee
(BdMO)<http://www.matholympiad.org.bd>
Facebook: fb.com/nhasive | Twitter:
@nhasive<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive>| Skype: nhasive |
www.nhasive.com