Jane Darnell, 19/06/2013 10:37:
The problem with static offline versions of Wikipedia is that it
doesn't allow any interaction at all, so you are virtually cutting off
the ability of the reader to become an editor. I am sure many people
will feel that prisoners probably don't have a lot of positive
information to contribute, or perhaps would not do this in good faith,
but theoretically there should be some channel back for them to voice
corrections or additions, possibly through some sort of local
collaboration committee?

I think this application of Wikipedia is great, but it is also
crippled. If we had an incubator system where this type of offline
application of Wikipedia could collect edits in a daily batch process
for intermediate curation it would be good. Something like this might
also useful for education programs with kindergartens or grade
schools. We have claimed in the past that a 17-year-old can be smarter
than a Ph.D. on any specific issue, but actually, age or environment
is arbitrary, no?

Emmanuel is also working on a way for Kiwix to collect feedback/proposed edits for articles. It's a bit tricky to design, of course; probably pl.wiki and Wiktionary's examples will help.

Nemo