On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski
<tom...@twkozlowski.net> wrote:
> (such as their IP address) to an external website (because no one's going to
> read the small information about YouTube privacy policy).

Except for the good people of tosdr.org:

http://tosdr.org/#youtube
http://tosdr.org/blog/suzanne-youtube.html

> I am told that there are technical limitations behind the decision to prefer
> YouTube over Commons, but I'm not really convinced about that; I generally
> think that we should not include links to websites that can track our users
> in our banners, and YouTube (as well as websites that use Google Analytics
> for statistical purposes) definitely falls under that definition.

+1
Youtube does not need free advertising on Wikipedia.

Also, why the Wikimedia shop uses Shopify.com instead of the many FOSS
alternatives?
http://shop.wikimedia.org/

--
Fajro