> Also, why the Wikimedia shop uses Shopify.com instead of the many FOSS
> alternatives?
> http://shop.wikimedia.org/

I have transitioned away from the shop (it's now moving to the fundraising
team) so the future of that is in their hands but I can say that the
biggest thing was that the FOSS alternatives required more resources then
we were able to give at the time and the decision was made that getting it
up and running made a lot more sense then not doing anything for now. There
are a couple very powerful FOSS options for stores that I would love to see
us move to eventually (and would offer us more then we are getting now to
be honest) but they will require some investments of time/money/staff
resources that we need to decide are worth it and that question is not easy.

James

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation