On 29 July 2013 23:18, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:

> On 07/29/2013 11:10 PM, Risker wrote:
> > which are used daily on hundreds of pages,
> > and they serve a very important function.
>
> Yeah, but they are duct tape over weaknesses/flaws in wikimarkup, not a
> valuable feature.  This revolves back to the difficulty in trying to
> pretend a talk page in wikimarkup is a discussion medium and doing
> "forum" kind of things with it.
>
> You can break nuts by hitting them with your glasses; I'd rather give
> you a nutcracker than keep trying to reinforce your glasses so that they
> don't break.  :-)

Okay, now you're just being silly. My point is that these things exist,
they're pervasive, and there has to be contingency for addressing
deprecated features such as these because many of those pages will remain
active.

In addition, these are features that require a parallel in any future
system.

Risker