The letters must be sent to the organization rather than an individual.  The
idea of going to an individual employee and strongarming them may happen, but
the law around NSLs is specific.

The court cases to date indicate that if an individual employee got a US NSL
and sued over it, the judge would likely take actions that would end the FBI
agents careers.

Such individual strongarming would almost certainly use threats or MICE (money,
ideology, compromise, ego) enticements and no paper trail to have to testify
over in court later.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone