On 14/08/13 07:40, Oliver Keyes wrote:
> We have weekend support - for core services, which constitute our MediaWiki
> instances. Git, however, is not a core service - as Max accurately notes,
> while it makes development finicky and frustrating,

I didn't know anyone used git.wikimedia.org. I think I've only visited
it once.

We're not talking about Git being down, just about one of the two web
viewers being down (the other being GitHub). Web viewers of source
code are a luxury -- they're handy when you're not a developer and so
couldn't be bothered to clone the repository, but they're hardly a
human right.

Despite that, note that Leslie Carr did work on fixing it on the weekend.

-- Tim Starling