On 08/14/2013 01:52 PM, Steven Walling wrote:
Would the Board
consider recruiting expert seats with more experience in engineering and
product development?"

With or without expert seats, I believe the whole tech planning process would improve if our tech volunteers (tech ambassadors?) would be more involved since the beginning. This might mean a longer discussion, but also more transparent and with a better community backing since the beginning.

Moving some discussions early in the planning process might save a lot more time and energy discussing months later, when prototypes and betas start to show up. And by that time it could be the own tech ambassadors the ones defending the plan they helped build.

Opinions are mine, etc.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation