This is a forward from the wikitech-ambassadors list.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/HTTPS is now updated with the new date.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Wikitech-ambassadors] Fwd: HTTPS for logged in users delayed.
New date: August 28
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:30:51 -0700
From: Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org>
To: Coordination of technology deployments across languages/projects
<wikitech-ambassad...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi everyone,

After assessing the current readiness (or lack thereof) of our HTTPS
code, we've decided to postpone the deployment for a week.  We have a
number of things that we'd like to get cleaner resolution on:

*  Use of GeoIP vs enabling on per wiki basis
*  Use of a preference vs login form checkbox vs hidden option vs
sensible default
*  How interactions with login.wikimedia.org will work
*  Validation of our HTTPS test methodology

The new plan is to deploy on Wednesday, August 28 between 20:00 UTC
and 23:00 UTC.  Prior to that, we plan on having a very limited
deployment to our test wikis, and we're also planning to deploy to
mediawiki.org.  Assuming this is sorted out and we have made our test
deployments by end of day Monday, August 26, we should have time to
validate our assumptions and give people time to see the new system in
action.

More info is (or will be) available here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/HTTPS
(or here if you prefer: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/HTTPS )

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Rob