Am 26.08.2013 18:14 schrieb "Andre Engels" <andreeng...@gmail.com>:

> Dutch telecommunication law, article 7.4a (the net neutrality article),
> paragraph 3:
>
> "Aanbieders van internettoegangsdiensten stellen de hoogte van tarieven
> voor internettoegangsdiensten niet afhankelijk van de diensten en
> toepassingen die via deze diensten worden aangeboden of gebruikt."
>
> "Offerers of internet access services do not make the tariffs for internet
> access services dependent on the services and applications that are offered
> or used via these services."
>
> If an isp offers Wikipedia for free, and some other internet usage not,
> then it has a different tariff dependent on the service that is offered.

Andre, this means Wikipedia Zero is illegal in Dutch law, and WMF
actively promotes illegal deals? The Swiss proposal btw looks the
same, as well the intention of the German law seems similar.

As i see it "illegal" does not mean necessarily "immoral" or "bad
intention". And of course we (or at least i) are heavily biased
because we think there is nothing better than Wikipedia, and there is
nothing better if everybody on this world is able to get it for free.

Rupert