Hi.

The recent draft privacy policy mentions that the Wikimedia blog
(<https://blog.wikimedia.org>) will soon be hosted by WordPress.com.

Was this discussed anywhere? If so, where?

What is the proposed URL structure of a blog hosted by WordPress.com? I
think there's a reasonable expectation that when a user visits
*.wikimedia.org, we don't simply send his or her browser info to a third
party without his or her consent. This has come up previously with Jobvite
and iframes. It's also come up with the use of tracking tools such as
Google Analytics, which not only affect one-time visitors, but aim to
persist client-side.

How will the blog be backed up? Relying on an external service means not
being in control of the data. Will there be regular backups made to ensure
that if WordPress.com goes away, we won't lose all of our posts?

MZMcBride