Hi everyone,

I just got this email from Wikimedia UK. Are more chapters considering this? I see some pro's and con's on https://wiki.wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/IT_Development/This_wiki , but it doesn't list the most important con: Waste of movement effort and money on for example debugging a mangled database (see https://wiki.wikimedia.org.uk/w/index.php?title=GLAM-WIKI_2013%2FAttendees&diff=23460&oldid=23443 and than click contribs).

Maarten

-------- Origineel bericht --------
Onderwerp:      Wikimedia UK's wiki migration notice
Datum:  Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:30:02 +0000
Van:    WMUK Wiki Migration Team <wikimigrat...@wikimedia.org.uk>
Aan:    Multichill <maar...@mdammers.nl>

Dear contributor

Since its creation, Wikimedia UK's wiki has been hosted by the Wikimedia
Foundation. The hosting for this site was migrated from the Foundation's
datacenter to the Wikimedia UK's over the last week-end of September (28-29th
September). It was not possible to migrate non-public account information. This
includes watch lists, account preferences, contact email, or current password
for registered users.

We have recreated 'stub-accounts' on the migrated site and want to communicate
to you your new password:
* user: Multichill
* password: xxxxxx

We invite you to change it as soon at possible:
http://wiki.wikimedia.org.uk/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin

If you want to know more about this migration:
https://wiki.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMUK_wiki_migration

Kind regards
Wiki migration team

--
This email was sent by WMUK Wiki Migration Team to Multichill by the "Email
user" function at Wikimedia UK.