Great idea!! Will circulate it  :)

In India we have recently attempted translating the Malayalam Wikimedia 11th Anniversary banner into various Indian languages using FB. Here is the work-in-progress

https://www.facebook.com/sajsugeesh/media_set?set=a.692345024117024.1073741835.100000245984739&type=1

For me this was a useful experiment in trying to harness social media time for Wikimedia purposes. Not sure if it is (technically) possible to explore this linkage for something like the commons transcribe or translatewiki.net.

Cheers,
Vishnu