On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> let me start by saying that I agree with Dariusz's opinion that we
> should discuss this as a community, and perhaps move on from 'debate
> by press release' into more focused formats like Google Hangout or IRC
> office hours in order to find common ground, share our research, and
> highlight the many outstanding questions that need to be addressed
> before we can make an informed decision about the right path forward.

I've just seen that on Monday Philippe indicated that the consultation
will be closed today, Saturday 7 December.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Community_Logo/Request_for_consultation&diff=prev&oldid=6585034

I didnt see any notice to this list.

There has been no response from the WMF regarding the request to have
an interactive dialog to sort out the remaining unanswered questions
regarding the collective trademark.

In the last office hours held by LCA, back in January, Phillipe
indicated there would be more IRC office hours this year.[1]

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2013-01-22

I know the LCA team is very busy with many proposals in community
consultation phase.  With that in mind, I think the community logo
should remain open until the LCA team has had time to hold an IRC
office hours (or similar) to discuss it.  Hopefully before this year
closes...?  Or if it is distracting staff from other projects, maybe
close it temporarily and reopen it after an IRC office hours has been
held.

--
John Vandenberg