On 9 December 2013 17:26, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that Michael Maggs has taken over from me as
> Chair of Wikimedia UK. Michael has served as chair of the Governance
> Committee since his election to the Board in June, is a long-serving
> Wikimedia Commons bureaucrat, and I am sure he will do an excellent job.
>
> Greyham Dawes continues as Treasurer and Alastair McCapra continues as
> Secretary.

Congratulations. I look forward to increased openness and a focus on
monitoring the performance of the charity in 2014 to ensure its
effective and efficient operation.

I was under the impression that Alastair McCapra had stood down as
Secretary as decided in the September 2013 board meeting.[1] Could the
situation please be confirmed by the board of trustees?

To clarify the term "long-serving Wikimedia Commons bureaucrat",
Michael had both rights of admin and bureaucrat restored seven months
ago, without a community vote, after retiring in December 2010.[2]

Links
1. https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Minutes_14Sep13#Secretary.E2.80.99s_Report
2. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UserRights/MichaelMaggs

Thanks,