On 12/12/13 02:54, Nathan wrote:
> Bitcoin isn't native currency for anyone, and anyone who wishes
> to make a Bitcoin donation could certainly do so using a more standard
> currency.

Well, this article from a year ago argues that bitcoin is "safer" for
donors than donating national currency:

<http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/06/29/wikipedia-accepts-enemies-of-the-internet-currencies/>

"But just don’t try to donate safely in bitcoin — it’s not accepted."
[...]

"Accepting anonymous bitcoin in addition to political currencies can
be a way of declaring that freedom of speech still does matter."

I would think that if anonymity is the main concern, a transaction
system with a public log of all transactions would not be the best choice.

<https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anonymity>

The obvious time-tested choice for anonymous payment is, of course,
cash. Many charities do accept cash donations. Cash could be donated
to the local chapter by dropping it into a donation box, then it could
be either spent on local programs or forwarded to WMF.

-- Tim Starling