On 20 December 2013 22:02, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Can we do anything about it? My SEO skills are about non-existent. A
> Facebook friend suggested changing the title of the Commons file
> File:Wikipedia-logo.png to File:Wikipedia-logo-v1.png and
> File:Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg to File:Wikipedia_logo.svg. This sounds
> reasonable, though it may have considerable technical implications.

But File:Wikipedia-logo.png now uses the new version of the logo, so
what would that help?

Looking at the Google results, the first two are from Wikipedia (and
these are the old logo), but from the articles [[Wikipedia:Wikipedia
logos]] and [[Logo of Wikipedia]].  Both of which still includes the
old logo.

I think the article(s) in question might be key to this, and not what
the file names are.