I don't know if we can confidently assume non-registered users know
that they're using a shared IP - one of the most frequent complaints
from readers, historically, was some variant on "why the ---- am I
getting all these messages, I never edited anything" with varying
degrees of alarm/distress.

A.

On 11 January 2014 06:10, Gryllida <gryll...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jan 2014, at 6:21, Ryan Kaldari wrote:
>> These are two reason we don't have Thanks for anonymous editors:
>> 2. Multiple editors often share the same IP address
>
> They already share talk page and contribs. I don't see notifications being a
> problem: each of them *knows* that the IP is shared, and has registration
> instructions readily available if such situation is a problem.

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk