Thanks Jan-Bart for the answer.

Jan-Bart de Vreede, 21/01/2014 12:09:
[...] I am not sure what you are referring to as “avoid another fiasco”, [...]

Sorry, I'll clarify: it would be a "fiasco" (only) if you had the same result again. I was just aiming for a summary of the previous and current situation in your own view. So if I summarise correctly: the answer to "Have we been looking for a unicorn -- somebody who doesn't exist in the real world?" is no, "too insular?" maybe, "unfairly comparing" no idea. Or, in other words, you keep looking for the same thing but in a different way, which seems to work better. Correct? You can answer in that update next week, no hurry.

Nemo