Folks: are we still playing with this toy?

I've sat here and watched this discourse – variously frivolous, slightly
insulting, and embarrassing – and said nothing in the hope it would just fizzle
away.

But amazingly, it's still here.

We have to accept that while crowdsourcing is the genius of Wikipedia and a few
of its sister projects, it's totally inappropriate for choosing the executive
director of a big, prominent Foundation that lives in a competitive, complex,
and often negative jungle. There's a bunch of reasons for doing this largely
away from the gaze of the rest of the world. Do I really need to spell them out?

It would be good to move on to more useful and practical topics.

Tony