Hi,

I just got a message that the Finnish Police have asked the fi.wikipedia, by
sending an email to the wikifi-ad...@list.wikimedia.org, to give a written
statement about their possible violation of the laws that regulate fundraising
in Finland. There is a little news about this already online in English. Here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2014/02/07/finnish_police_probe_wikipedia_donation_requests

I chat about this with a lawyer friend and he was afraid that the police msy go
after the volunteers that have participated in the fundraising, e.g. by
translating the fundraising messages.

Is there any equivalent cases from other countries?

In Finland one needs a pre-given permission to do fundraising.

        - Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://teemuleinonen.fi
+358 50 351 6796