Hoi,
There are two areas where the Wikimedia Foundation is active; the USA where
it is active through both chapters and the office in San Francisco. The
rest of the world where it is active through chapters and whatever.

Does the funding gap limit the office in the same way it does the rest of
the world or, does it only limit the USA chapters?

When you consider countries like China, India and Indonesia you have
countries where the WMF has hardly invested and where the effect of
investment has the likelihood of a much bigger return on investment.

What I would like to know is how this will effect the growth of our
movement where there is a huge potential in additional people interested in
our content.
Thanks,
      GerardM