Consensus is not the same as unanimity, and anyone who's crossed a few
different Wikimedia projects will know that what is defined as consensus
varies pretty widely, from majority +1 to 80% or higher support.  For the
purposes of board votes, it's majority +1.

I'm actually quite pleased that the board has moved away from twisting
itself in knots trying to ensure unanimous support of proposals: it led to
watered-down, poorly structured decisions that have often left the
community confused and uncertain as to their intent.  I'm also pleased to
see that they are identifying who has supported or opposed motions.

Risker/Anne