> Ah I see. So I suppose, following your line of thought, that any and all of
> the wikimedia staff (all organisations included) involved in any part of
> the fundraising should attach some kind of disclaimer about how they
> "benefit" from the work they're paid to do? Since, after all, they're
> working to raise money that *will* pay their salary.
>
> This might prove an interesting thing to implement.
>
> Delphine

If they are engaged in public advocacy on how funds should be raised and
distributed, then yes, I would like to see them disclose (whether in this
setting, or on blog posts, or comments to journalists or etc.) that they
are employed by the WMF. This is fairly conventional in many fields -
disclosure is not an admission of guilt or wrongdoing, it's just providing
relevant information to your audience.