Hoi,
Yes, people employed by the WMF working from outside the USA exis. They are
very much part of what WMF does and, there is no "trickle back" to the
local countries really. They are part of the WMF structure and their
priorities are the WMF priorities.

There is a huge potential outside the USA and I am sorry but this is not
reflected in the way priorities are set, programmes are developed,
technology is assessed and implemented. While I do agree that many of the
arguments made for programmes are sound, there is this lack of focus for
what the relevance is outside of the USA/ English speaking world and it
effectively prevents many things from happening on our shared globe.
Thanks,
     GerardM