On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>wrote:

> Maybe I missed something, but could you please explain why the Terms of Use
> would be the best place to make this kind of decisions?
>
> As I understand it, the Terms of Use are Wikimedia-wide, and I'm not 100%
> certain this is the kind of rule we'd want to apply on all projects the
> same way. The community (both language and project) might want to derive
> from it - either way.

Hi, Lodewijk - Geoff responded to this general concern here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Terms_of_use/Paid_contributions_amendment#Yes.2C_I_believe_it_will

Hope that helps answer the question.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*