Thanks for your replies. We'll surely take the French precedent into
account if Commons' admins fail to reconsider the current policies and we
propose hosting images on the Spanish Wikipedia. By the way, I forgot to
mention that we've also published this letter on Meta and that there's also
an ongoing discussion there:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Argentina/Open_letter_regarding_URAA

Best,

Galileo