Ah. Yeah. The job of the "Community Advocacy" bit of "Legal and Community
Advocacy" is, as I understand it, to advocate for the community's need
within the Foundation, and act as a conduit to the community for legal
stuff. Their job is not to advocate for "reduction in public school class
sizes" or "more steeply progressive taxation". Indeed, these things are not
the job of anyone at the Foundation, and never should be. I'm kind of
bemused as to why these are even being brought up.

On 13 March 2014 21:04, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 March 2014 23:56, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Link to the board of decision to pay advocates please.
> >
> > The most recent seems to be the approval f the Annual Plan as per
> >

> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/2013-2014_Annual_Plan_Questions_and_Answers#What_is_included_in_the_.E2.80.9CLegal.2C_Community_Advocacy.2C_Communications.2C_Human_Resources.2C_Finance_and_Administration.E2.80.9D_spending_in_the_Annual_Plan.3F
> >

> It's the name of a department.... "Legal and Community Advocacy" or LCA for
> short.  That's not really the same thing.
>
> Risker/Anne

Oliver Keyes
Product Analyst
Wikimedia Foundation