Hoi,
Fae what I object to is assuming going to a conference with " too big" a
delegation is a waste of money by definition. In your reply you mention *
you were a chair of the chapter and, * you do not know Katherine Ruth.
Given that you were the chair of the chapter, you should be happy new
people are joining the fray; it shows the chapter is vibrant and new people
join.

In WIkipedia there was a time when we had disdain for rules. I applaud this
sentiment; rules for rules sake is neither effective nor cost effective.

My point is very much that it is for the chapter to decide if they spend
their money wisely. It is for members of a chapter to question this at an
appropriate time and at an appropriate place. When other considerations
exist like agreements not to send too many people, then it is for the
people involved to address these issues.

Really Fae, as you are no longer the chair, why rule "from the grave"?
Thanks,
      GerardM