I think the biggest challenge here is that there are dozens of movement
members who would be interested in attending this conference, but it is
intended to be a very limited one.  Several of the topics (Conflict of
Interest, Meet the Trustees, Lessons learnt on huge projects, How to
measure blood, sweat and tears, and particularly Reimagining movement
structures) are of interest to a much, much larger community than simply
the chapters/Thorgs. I'm still a bit baffled at having a session devoted to
Wikimania, since almost all of the attendees of the conference will be
attending Wikimania.

Indeed, if others besides the 2+1 representatives from chapters/thorgs are
permitted to attend, I would strongly urge that any additional
seats/participants be focused on movement members who work *outside* of the
formal structures.  It's pretty hard to come up with community-based
reimaginations of movement structures if you exclude those who aren't
already involved in existing movement structures. :-)

The WMF umbrella of projects, chapters, thorgs etc has not done a lot in
terms of leadership development.  I'll note, however, that the place where
leadership is most sorely lacking is on projects, while the majority of
those participating in leadership activities at the chapter/thorg level are
not doing a lot of work on WMF projects.  (That's a generalization, and
there are exceptions.)  It may be that either this conference needs to be
refocused, or it needs to be split into two separate conferences.  There is
definitely an audience out there for many of these same topics which is
being ignored completely.

Risker/Anne