Chris, rather than again[1] using school-boy politics by defaming
people you don't like with personal attacks, please read Tomasz'
request: "the idea that chapters can "fuck the community" is
absolutely unacceptable and should by rejected by all chapters
immediately".

Now, show some leadership and answer a simple direct question. Do you,
or do you not as a trustee of Wikimedia UK and the person that was
responsible for leading this costly workshop, reject the philosophy of
"fuck the community"?

I have asked for the person that made this statement to come forward
and explain themselves. If they cannot, then they must realise they
can no longer claim to be accountable to the community and neither can
their board.

Links:
1.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Administrators/Requests/F%C3%A64&diff=116374702&oldid=116372563
Fae

On 7 April 2014 12:10, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd certainly hope not. One of the ground rules for the workshop was that
> individual contributions were made on a confidential and non-attributable
> basis.
>
> This was exactly because we wanted people to speak freely and not worry
> about a witch-hunt on an email list if a couple of trolls got hold of some
> out-of-context quotes.
>
> Chris
> On 7 Apr 2014 11:56, "Fæ" <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Steffen, the Wikimedia movement expects board members on Wikimedia
>> organizations to be fulfilling their role as representatives of our
>> movement. If you misquoted please explain that this is the case.
>>
>> As at a public workshop that cost the movement a significant amount of
>> our donor's money to pay for, there is no reason for secrecy about
>> this, everyone there is accountable for their time spent at that
>> workshop. The quote has not been challenged. It would benefit us all
>> to hear why this was said and to be open to questions about their
>> leadership role, from the person that made this public statement.
>>
>> Personally, if an elected or appointed board level member of a chapter
>> is making public statements like this, I do not want them representing
>> our movement if they are going to hide away in secret when asked about
>> it. You know who they are, please ask them to speak for themselves
>> rather than relying on you and your colleagues to run interference or
>> take this story on tangents.
>>
>> Fae
>>
>> On 7 April 2014 11:42, Steffen Prößdorf <steffen.proessd...@wikimedia.de>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >
>> > please do not pick out that single point and overestimate it.
>> > I have not mentioned this to dupe anyone, but only to illustrate the
>> > conflict of alignment or the objective of the chapters. The opposing
>> > opinions are represented by several Wikimedians on both sides, please do
>> > not harp on this single quote.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Steffen

>> fit

>> --
>> fae...@gmail.com https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae

Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.