>... the Foundation is not going to be active on stuff like
> pushing for community broadband.

Who is going to stop monoculture ISPs from interposing ads on top of
Foundation content HTTP streams?

>... It's not within even the broad remit of the Foundation.

That's entirely debatable. It's far more empowering to give someone
10x faster internet at cost plus than keep them on a slow line paying
three times as much to make sure CEOs get more villas in France than
it is to be one of 8,000 voices in the copyright policy cacophony.

I welcome a cost-benefit-risk-resource analysis of all strategic
options, based on facts instead of mere assertions.