On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com>wrote:

> it would be comforting to hear how we've assessed the bid
> regarding the safety issue, and how we're going to be prepared in case the
> worst (robberies, kidnappings) do happen.

Not a small concern.  But, I should point out, one that we've dealt with
before.  We had laptops stolen in Argentina, and physical safety concerns
in Alexandria, as I recall.  I say this not to put a panacea of "oh, there
there, it'll be fine" in place, but to assure people that this is something
that I know that Garfield and Elle, and the rest of the WMF team working on
this will consider and keep in mind. :-)

pb

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
 T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  phili...@wikimedia.org  |  :
@Philippewiki<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>