Pine, I have another question to add to the initial question:
Will the Foundation prohibit chapters and other thematic organizations from
the "creation of paid roles that have article writing as a core focus,
regardless of who is initiating or managing the process" as a condition of
receiving WMF funding and using the WMF trademarks?

"Will the WMF itself ensure that foundation money will not be used to
generate content on a long term basis?"

I think this is more of an appropriate question?

I have used long term because stuff like Contests/Challenges [there is one
on right now]  can be considered short term, you know, just to keep editors
interests up.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Treasurer,
Wikimedia Chapter [India]