On 8 May 2014 19:27, Anthony Cole <ahcole...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with those above who highlight the flaws in the current scholarly
> peer-review process. If enWikipedia is to embrace scholarly review (and we
> should) we need to confront and address the well-known problems with peer
> review in today's scholarship.

While acknowledging the likely truth of the flaws in scientific
knowledge production as it stands (single studies in medicine being
literally useless, as 80% are actually wrong) ... I think you'll have
a bit of an uphill battle attempting to enforce stronger standards in
Wikipedia than exist in the field itself. We could go to requiring all
medical sourced to be Cochrane-level studies of studies of studies,
but then you need to convince everyone else to delete the entirety of
the long tail of articles that won't yet have those.

- d.