On 20 May 2014 02:44, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Regarding hierarchy, there's absolutely no technical reason, as far as I'm
> aware, that categories must be hierarchal. It's certainly an intended
> feature that categories have subcategories and the capability to be
> hierarchal (i.e., you can have subcategories), but you can concurrently
> use categories with a flat structure. Right?

Yeah, the software-culture divide around Wikimedia has always been fluid.

I may be complaining about culture rather than software. But either
way, the current way Commons categorisation works is a source of
endless frustration for me as a user. If it turns out what I'm asking
for literally already exists, then it's the interface that's failed
me. Aaaaand, perhaps I'm just weird or perhaps the present system is
failing others. USER TEST TIME!!

- d.

- d.