On 23 May 2014 13:09, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 May 2014 13:05, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:
>
>> Is the following a full statement of Wikipedia's Child Protection
>> Policy, reflecting all responsibilities that the Wikipedia community
>> and the Wikimedia Foundation have taken on to protect children in all
>> of the projects they are involved with and/or sponsor?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Child_protection
>>
>> Are there any other *published* policies of WP or the WMF pertaining
>> to child protection that I might have missed?
>>
>> I know that this is a very politically charged issue in the WP
>> community. I'd appreciate a high light:heat ratio if anyone has
>> comments beyond links to current policy statements.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> ,Wil
>>

> English Wikipedia policy:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Child_protection
>
> The existence of a 'formalized' policy has been a topic of heated debate
> since its creation, although there is some truth that its original form
> more or less documented existing practice at the time.
>
> Risker/Anne

Just noting in addition that on the left side of the page there are
"language" links to four similar policies on other Wikipedias: Catalan,
Indonesian, Persian and Ukrainian.  Since few other Wikipedias have active
Arbitration Committees and each existing arbcom has a different scope, it's
pretty clear that processes and policies would vary from project to project.

Risker