Wil,

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 3:24 AM, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:

As you can see there is a lot of consternation being directed your
way, and at some stage, and this will teach you well for the future as
well, you have to learn to walk away from the keyboard. If you can't
do this, and I have a feeling you might have difficulty doing so, try
to at least delay hitting the send button, but this is something else
you may have trouble doing. This is especially important on this list,
as there is a sending limit per month that people are able send, and
this is obviously done to prevent the drowning out of other
participants by any single person....you would likely be well on your
way to this limit by now.

Wil, if you truly wanted to see how the projects work, usually the
best way is to get involved at the ground level. Some people may want
to make some edits on Wikipedia to an article on a subject that
interest them. Others might add some information on one of their
favourite holiday spots on Wikivoyage. Others might prefer to take a
photo of their penis and upload it to Commons. There are literally
plenty of ways for a n00b get involved on our projects.

You have missed an opportunity here to be able to help Lila with her new job.

Firstly, this is Lila's moment to shine and an opportunity for the
community to get to know her and vice versa. It's a bit difficult for
a sense of trust to be built when you have an overbearing partner
essentially publicly pushing her aside and taking all of our
attention. For example, I really don't know much about Lila, but I
know more about you. And that presents a massive problem, and believe
you me, others are thinking it, I'm willing to say it publicly.

Secondly, as a n00b, you would have been a great person for Lila to
use as a sounding board as to how it is for new editors on our
projects to be able to edit and understand how to navigate our
projects. You may not be aware but our projects have a dire editor
retention rate, and your experiences, given that it is evident you are
green to our projects, may have been able to help Lila understand that
particular issue.

Getting involved as you have done has only gone to serve
Wikipediocracy by handing them the best PSA they could hope for on a
silver platter.

Having said that, if you want to get involved on Commons,
#wikimedia-commons is full of helpful editors who might be able to
give you some further ideas on how to contribute to that project.

Learn the ropes first; there's plenty of time for wikipolitics and the
like later on.

Cheers

Russavia