Hi Leigh,

Actually, we were discussing your group's application even before your
writing here. I do apologize for the lack of communication or clarity,
although there was no news to communicate.

In general, I would advise everyone to be bold in following the
recommendation that is on the Meta page to send us a friendly reminder if
they are waiting for us to respond. It helps us keep on top of things, and
can speed up the process. (Bringing up the issue repeatedly on public
mailing lists, and involving further WMF bodies usually slows down the
process even if it might seem like a good idea, and even though it might
actually be a good idea in a very small minority of cases.)

Best regards,
Bence